Bottle bills work!
Bottle bills (also known as container deposit laws) are a proven, sustainable method of capturing beverage bottles and cans for recycling. The refund value of the container (usually 5 or 10 cents) provides a monetary incentive to return the container for recycling.Bottle Bills...
- Supply recyclable materials for a high-demand market
- Conserve energy and natural resources
- Create new businesses and jobs
- Reduce waste disposal costs
- Reduce litter
- and provide many more benefits
News and Updates
- Public Funds Fail to Reduce Packaging Waste - December 8th, 2015 - New Report recommends bringing back bottle refunds (cash for containers) to lift recycling rates. A new report being launched in Auckland today shows millions of dollars worth of government grants, to boost beverage container recycling have made little impact on New Zealand’s poor recycling rates.
- Report says government grants fail to reduce packaging waste in New Zealand - December 8th, 2015 - A report from Envision New Zealand revealed that grants from government to boost beverage container recycling have failed to reduce packaging waste in New Zealand.
Explore Bottle Bills
Keep up to date with the latest media coverage of bottle bills, including new campaigns, proposed changes to bottle bills, and public opinions.
The Bottle Bill Resource Guide is an ongoing project of the Container Recycling Institute, dedicated to providing comprehensive information about beverage container deposit laws across the US and around the world.