Bottle bills work!
Bottle bills (also known as container deposit laws) are a proven, sustainable method of capturing beverage bottles and cans for recycling. The refund value of the container (usually 5 or 10 cents) provides a monetary incentive to return the container for recycling.Bottle Bills...
- Supply recyclable materials for a high-demand market
- Conserve energy and natural resources
- Create new businesses and jobs
- Reduce waste disposal costs
- Reduce litter
- and provide many more benefits
News and Updates
- Beverage distributors propose an end to bottle bill April 5th, 2014 - MONTPELIER -- Vermont beverage distributors have an alternative to the state's bottle bill and they are prepared to pay for it, an industry lobbyist told lawmakers Friday.
- Recycling Fraud Convictions Put Stop to Two Schemes: Dept. of Justice Nabs Six for Claiming California Refunds on Beverage Containers from Washington April 7th, 2014 - SACRAMENTO – The California Department of Justice arrested six people in two different cases for importing empty beverage containers from Washington State to California and illegally redeeming them for California Refund Value. Five of the individuals have pleaded no-contest, and the sixth is awaiting extradition.
Explore Bottle Bills
Keep up to date with the latest media coverage of bottle bills, including new campaigns, proposed changes to bottle bills, and public opinions.
The Bottle Bill Resource Guide is an ongoing project of the Container Recycling Institute, dedicated to providing comprehensive information about beverage container deposit laws across the US and around the world.