Bottle bills work!
Bottle bills (also known as container deposit laws) are a proven, sustainable method of capturing beverage bottles and cans for recycling. The refund value of the container (usually 5 or 10 cents) provides a monetary incentive to return the container for recycling.Bottle Bills...
- Supply recyclable materials for a high-demand market
- Conserve energy and natural resources
- Create new businesses and jobs
- Reduce waste disposal costs
- Reduce litter
- and provide many more benefits
News and Updates
- Minn. Recycling Coalition: Proposed Refund System 'Inconvenient' and 'Messy' (VIDEO) February 3rd, 2014 - Minn. - The result of a battle over how Minnesota does recycling could end up costing you more every time you visit the grocery store.
- Lawmakers look for ways to increase recycling, as bottle deposit bill is taken off the table February 6th, 2014 - Minn. - Minnesotans won't be asked to pay a 10-cent deposit on bottles and cans anytime soon.
Explore Bottle Bills
Keep up to date with the latest media coverage of bottle bills, including new campaigns, proposed changes to bottle bills, and public opinions.
The Bottle Bill Resource Guide is an ongoing project of the Container Recycling Institute, dedicated to providing comprehensive information about beverage container deposit laws across the US and around the world.