Bottle bills work!
Bottle bills (also known as container deposit laws) are a proven, sustainable method of capturing beverage bottles and cans for recycling. The refund value of the container (usually 5 or 10 cents) provides a monetary incentive to return the container for recycling.Bottle Bills...
- Supply recyclable materials for a high-demand market
- Conserve energy and natural resources
- Create new businesses and jobs
- Reduce waste disposal costs
- Reduce litter
- and provide many more benefits
News and Updates
- Letter: Keep Redmond’s Dry Canyon cleaned up - March 4th, 2015 - Oregon - I moved to Redmond in 2013 and found a house that sits on the edge of the Dry Canyon. Having been born and raised in Bend, I never knew that Redmond even had a Dry Canyon, much less one with parks, hiking and biking trails.
Explore Bottle Bills
Keep up to date with the latest media coverage of bottle bills, including new campaigns, proposed changes to bottle bills, and public opinions.
The Bottle Bill Resource Guide is an ongoing project of the Container Recycling Institute, dedicated to providing comprehensive information about beverage container deposit laws across the US and around the world.