Bottle bills work!
Bottle bills (also known as container deposit laws) are a proven, sustainable method of capturing beverage bottles and cans for recycling. The refund value of the container (usually 5 or 10 cents) provides a monetary incentive to return the container for recycling.Bottle Bills...
- Supply recyclable materials for a high-demand market
- Conserve energy and natural resources
- Create new businesses and jobs
- Reduce waste disposal costs
- Reduce litter
- and provide many more benefits
News and Updates
- Proposal to expand state's bottle deposit law resurfaces - January 14th, 2015 - BOSTON — Months after failing at the ballot box, a controversial proposal to expand the state’s 5-cent bottle deposit law has new life in the Legislature.
- NSW set to introduce container deposit scheme - January 14th, 2015 - AUS - The NSW government will introduce a state-wide beverage container recycling scheme, according to media reports.
Explore Bottle Bills
Keep up to date with the latest media coverage of bottle bills, including new campaigns, proposed changes to bottle bills, and public opinions.
The Bottle Bill Resource Guide is an ongoing project of the Container Recycling Institute, dedicated to providing comprehensive information about beverage container deposit laws across the US and around the world.