Bottle bills work!
Bottle bills (also known as container deposit laws) are a proven, sustainable method of capturing beverage bottles and cans for recycling. The refund value of the container (usually 5 or 10 cents) provides a monetary incentive to return the container for recycling.Bottle Bills...
- Supply recyclable materials for a high-demand market
- Conserve energy and natural resources
- Create new businesses and jobs
- Reduce waste disposal costs
- Reduce litter
- and provide many more benefits
News and Updates
- Artist aims to recycle her way toward new album - December 2nd, 2014 - MASS - Wareham singer-songwriter Grace Morrison doesn’t like asking people for money, so she’s asking them for bottles and cans instead.
- After decades of inaction, recycling takes off - December 1st, 2014 - After decades of little progress, Delaware's recycling efforts are finally starting to gain traction.
Explore Bottle Bills
Keep up to date with the latest media coverage of bottle bills, including new campaigns, proposed changes to bottle bills, and public opinions.
The Bottle Bill Resource Guide is an ongoing project of the Container Recycling Institute, dedicated to providing comprehensive information about beverage container deposit laws across the US and around the world.