Bottle bills work!
Bottle bills (also known as container deposit laws) are a proven, sustainable method of capturing beverage bottles and cans for recycling. The refund value of the container (usually 5 or 10 cents) provides a monetary incentive to return the container for recycling.Bottle Bills...
- Supply recyclable materials for a high-demand market
- Conserve energy and natural resources
- Create new businesses and jobs
- Reduce waste disposal costs
- Reduce litter
- and provide many more benefits
News and Updates
- Bottle shortage hits Hite-Jinro, OB, Lotte - October 21, 2015 - KOREA - A shortage of recycled glass bottles has hit Hite-Jinro, Oriental Brewery (OB) and other alcohol companies, forcing them to cut production ahead of the year-end party season, according to industry officials Wednesday.
- Committee considers possible changes in Iowa’s bottle bill - October 20th, 2015 - State officials are fielding complaints from Iowans who say they can’t get the five-cent deposit back on their empty cans and bottles.
Explore Bottle Bills
Keep up to date with the latest media coverage of bottle bills, including new campaigns, proposed changes to bottle bills, and public opinions.
The Bottle Bill Resource Guide is an ongoing project of the Container Recycling Institute, dedicated to providing comprehensive information about beverage container deposit laws across the US and around the world.