Bottle bills work!
Bottle bills (also known as container deposit laws) are a proven, sustainable method of capturing beverage bottles and cans for recycling. The refund value of the container (usually 5 or 10 cents) provides a monetary incentive to return the container for recycling.Bottle Bills...
- Supply recyclable materials for a high-demand market
- Conserve energy and natural resources
- Create new businesses and jobs
- Reduce waste disposal costs
- Reduce litter
- and provide many more benefits
News and Updates
- Auditor Still Not Happy With Deposit Beverage Container Program - April 14th, 2015 - The Hawaii State Auditor is once again expressing disappointment with the Deposit Beverage Container Program.
- CA bills seek to raise recycled content minimums in bottles - April 16th, 2015 - Senate Bill 732 would require manufacturers to pay a recycling processing fee to CalRecycle.
Explore Bottle Bills
Keep up to date with the latest media coverage of bottle bills, including new campaigns, proposed changes to bottle bills, and public opinions.
The Bottle Bill Resource Guide is an ongoing project of the Container Recycling Institute, dedicated to providing comprehensive information about beverage container deposit laws across the US and around the world.