The Western Australian Government is introducing a statewide container deposit scheme.
Consumers will be able to get a 10 cent refund on all eligible beverage containers – plastic and glass bottles, paper-board cartons, and steel and aluminium cans between 150 millilitres and three litres. Examples of eligible beverage containers include:
- Beach Litter
- soft drink cans and bottles;
- bottled waters – both plastic and glass;
- small flavoured milk drinks;
- beer and cider cans and bottles; and
- sports drinks and spirit-based mixed drinks.
Beverage containers included in the scheme will carry a refund mark to identify them to consumers.
Western Australia’s container deposit scheme is expected to start on 1 January 2019.